Sunday, December 20, 2009

Thoughts on the Vikings...

So going to school in Saint Louis, I haven't been able to watch many Vikings games, however, I did get to see the major primetime games...from what I've seen this year, I'm still not impressed.

I'm just gonna preface this with...I've been a Vikings fan for as long as I can remember, and I always will be, but as far as I'm concerned, we screwed ourselves over hard when we signed Childress to an extension.

If you look at our players...they are clearly not bad, not rebuilding like the lions (let me just say, that I'm also kinda a closet Lions fan...always have been). However, each of the games I've watched regardless of win or loss, we've simply been outcoached. Not just on offense (although that is a big part) but on defense as well. If you completely sellout to the run (both on offense and defense) that pretty much gives the other Coach a massive bullet to shoot you with on third down...

The only time I ever see the other team punt the ball is when the QB or RB makes a mistake, it's rarely a "good" defensive play that causes a punt.

On offense...I can give you the Vikings game plan...Run on first and second down...then pass on third if you aren't close enough to run...sure this may work some of the time, but lets be honest, half (or more) of football is having a strategy (and altering your strategy at halftime) to counter the other team.

I continually fail to see Brad Childress make these type of adjustments and/or good strategies in the course of the season.

People ask me if I'm excited for my team...don't get me wrong, I'll always cheer for them, but don't ask me to get my hopes up...not when Philly, GB, Arizona, New Orleans are all waiting in the playoffs (and I'm fairly sure we'll lose, even to GB, unfortunately)

K end of rant...

No comments:

Post a Comment