Friday, June 5, 2009

Life...it flashed before my eyes....more than once

So my mentor came into my office yesterday and took one look at my work, told me I was working too hard, that it was the summer, and to take it easy...lol...so work should be a lot more surfing the web, and a lot less reading journal articles i guess...something doesnt feel right about that...

I drove into boston for dinner to celebrate my cousins graduation from Harvard. It was a really good dinner, but I drove a total of 11 miles...it took me 90 minutes to get there...thats a little less than 8MPH on average... on the way down there, I almost died 3 seperate times...

The first time, I was driving straight down a street (no stop sign or stoplight) and the cars on the cross streets ran through their stop signs and almost t-boned me...both of them...so it was good that I was paying attention and stopped...and then people behind me honked at me...for not going and getting killed...as Jerry would say...RIDICULOUS

Then the second time, a Semi basically merged into my lane, and saw me just in time...I kid you not, it was like maybe 3 inches from my sideview mirrors...

The third time, people were just being retarded and did the whole, I'm stopped, picking people up with my emergency lights on, then decided, oh nevermind I guess I'll just start driving, and almost drove straight into me as I tried to pass them...

I'm so sick of boston drivers...and for that matter pedestrians as well...

I thought it was common knowledge/decency to walk a little faster if you're in front of a car and they are waiting to pass...but no...people just stroll along like they dont care at all...taking their time and casually having a laugh at you waiting...

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the east coast Matthias. Boston's way of welcome! hahaha. Well, at least you made it out alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice dude. some of that stuff is pretty ridiculous, but i've seen it here in chicago too... lately the thing that edges my road rage the most is weekend drivers going below the speed limit. !@#%$!@#%!!%@#$!@#$ *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually yea, i've heard that boston is a little bit silly... yes, more so than jersey.

    oh, we watched coach carter tonight... somehow i managed to bring that dvd with me to jersey. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once had a job where I got accused by my co-workers for working too fast and leaving less work for them to do (we got paid hourly). Aside from it being my job, it was also data entry, which can only be done fast lest one go insane with its monotony. Needless to say, when you get chided for working too fast, you know you don't quite belong.

    ReplyDelete